If you’ve ever read a book that you couldn’t put down or simply found yourself losing chunks of time to the world inside pages, you’re ready for a book race. All you need is someone to share that book with. No, I don’t mean you’ll each have a copy and will share moments of ‘oh my god I can’t believe Richard talked back to the enchantress and shot her down!’ You are two people; there’s one book.
How does this work? Well, there are some basic rules.
- The book needs to be new to both people. No fun if one of you already knows what’s going to happen.
- Once you start reading, the other person cannot take the book from you unless you have stopped reading for 30 minutes.
- The book stays in a neutral agreed upon location unless there’s an agreement.
- If you are ahead of the other person you damn well better hint at spoilers and taunt them. Just don’t actually spoil anything.
- No losing the other person’s spot. It’s a dick move.
- This is best played through a multi-book series.
GO GET YOUR BOOK ON!!!